The Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Faculty of Built Environment, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia invites you to study for the MASTER OF SCIENCE IN URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING. This full taught course covers all the core spatial planning subjects that are important to planning practice, research, technical and soft skill required to be a competent and innovative town and country planner. Students are taught to understand and appreciate social, economic and political processes that shape town and country, and ways in which public policy can improve the quality of life. Ideas and concepts such as sustainability, urban governance, and regional economic development are also being covered in the course.
- To improve the quality of planning and development at urban and regional level.
- To provide students with an opportunity to examine range of issues on sustainable development, regional planning and urban management.
- To improve the standard of professionalism in the field of urban and regional planning.
- Core Subjects
- Planning Theory & Principle
- Land Use Planning
- Social & Community Planning
- Planning Law and Practice
- Urban & Regional management Finance
- Urban Design
- Supporting Subjects
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Planning, Infrastructure, Utility and Transportation
- Environmental Resource Planning
- Elective subject
- Planning elective
- Three major studio subjects
- Master’s Project
- Industrial training
Taught Course Programme Structure